Our schools are critical points of entry for combating hate, bigotry and discrimination, closing the achievement gap, promoting inclusiveness, and building cultures of dignity. YCC is a program of Communities United Against Hate (CUAH). Our goal is to support students addressing social justice issues through grant funding, mentorship, and training opportunities.
We need high/middle school students and adults to help us expand YCC to support this group and other student-led initiatives.
What will CUAH-YCC do?
- Provide students with grants up to $2000 to kickstart their social justice projects or expand existing ones;
- Partner with student and community groups to identify social issues and ideas for projects;
- Assign adults and experienced student organizers to serve as mentors/trainers to grant recipients;
- Organize an annual social change conference that showcases student-led projects;
- Unite student activists throughout MD in their efforts to create social change through our community events and organizer trainings.
YCC-OVM Summer Student Trainings
Over the summer of 2018, YCC will be providing three student advocacy trainings, facilitated by interns from Our Voices Matter.
Need support with your social justice efforts?
Check out our YCC support page if you’re interested in receiving:
YCC First Grant Recipient
YCC provided support to MoCo Students for Change, formerly known as MoCo Students for Gun Control, in their efforts to advocate for gun control.
Interested in joining YCC?
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Sponsors and Founders
Leaders from the Montgomery County School Board, Montgomery County Council of PTAs, Montgomery County Regional Student Government Association, the Montgomery County Education Association, MCPS Minority Scholars Program, MCPS Equity Initiatives Unit, MCPS AA SAAG, MCPS APA SAAG, MCPS Latino SAAG, Association of Vietnamese Americans, CASA, Faith Community Working Group, Guru Gobind Singh Foundation, Jewish Community Relations Council, Metro DC PFLAG, Muslim Youth Interfaith Outreach Program, NAACP, OCA-DC, Our Voices Matter, Rainbow Youth Alliance, Sikh Kid2Kid, Congregation Beth El, Chevy Chase United Methodist Church, St. John’s Episcopal Church, and many others.